What To Know!
SW Sting FC Player/Parent Handbook
SW Sting FC Goal-Keeper Program Registration Form:
Sports TC Indoor Training Centre,
9203 35 Ave. NW. (780) 203-4121
Open to students ages 16 and up, SW Sting FC offers a mentorship program to soccer players interested in coaching one of our U7/U8 teams. Students will assist staff with weekly technical sessions (learning to teach new skills to young players), coach weekly practices and officiate their U7/U8 team games. Students will be compensated. Hours are flexible, excluding scheduled games. NCCP training included.
The coaching staff has established the following expectations for player behavior while participating in any Team function:
- Work hard. Come to practices, tech training and games on time and with all your equipment, and always give your BEST effort. Play for yourself, your team, and for the love of the game.
- Respect your coach. Listen carefully to the coaching staff, follow instructions, accept coaching decisions and participate to the best of your ability.
- Behave appropriately at all team functions by demonstrating polite and courteous conduct, using appropriate language and playing safely both on and off the field.
- Respect and support your teammates. Demonstrate team work by encouraging your teammates in play and in person.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship at games by showing respect for all participants at all times including opposing players and coaches, officials, and spectators.
- Learn and obey the laws of the game.
- Notify the coach or team manager if you will be late or unable to attend a game, training session, or practice.
- Approach the Coach with any soccer related problems, AND report any injury before you train or play.
Developing the Player and the Person
We are a group of dedicated and knowledgeable soccer enthusiasts.
We are dedicated to high quality coaching leadership that results in healthy physical development, skill improvement, and positive social and community growth.
SW Sting soccer is committed to providing the best soccer experience possible for its players and volunteers.